Board of Appeals
The purpose of the Board of Appeals is hearing appeals by any person feeling aggrieved by an administrative order, decision or determination and, further, for the purpose of hearing applications and granting variances and exceptions. Although the Shorewood Board of Appeals is a local body composed of Shorewood residents, it is one required by state law. Every Village that enacts a zoning ordinance must have a Board of Appeals
Appeals are most often for building setbacks or height variances related to improvements such as additions, porches, or fences. Use variances are not allowed. A special exception may be granted for improvements made to a nonconforming structure.parking or sign code items.
To find out more about variances, click here, that takes you to the Planning & Development Department.
- 5:30 p.m. at the Village Hall second floor Court Room
- 2nd Tuesday of each month, as needed
- Village Hall
3930 N. Murray Ave
Shorewood, WI 53211
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Check the Village Calendar or Agenda Center to view upcoming meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
How to JoinIf you are interested in joining the Board, please see the links below. The application will be kept on file and considered when there is a committee vacancy.
VOLUNTEER FORM (printable)
VOLUNTEER FORM (online and fillable)
The Board of Appeals includes 5 members and 2 alternates serving 3-year terms:
- Jeff Schmeckpepper, Chairperson, term expired
- Lance Mueller, term expires 2019
- Kathy Nusslock, term expires 2017
- Mike Paulson, term expires 2018
- Beth Aldana, term expires 2018
- Adam Burns, 1st Alt, term expires 2019
- Carlos Pastrana, 2nd Alt, term expires 2017
- Village Clerk
- Ericka Lang, Planning & Zoning Administrator