Community Development Authority
The Community Development Authority was created in 1993 with the objectives to create beneficial effects upon the economy and quality of life in the Village. The goals of the CDA include:
- The strengthening of the long-term economic viability of the village
- Eliminating substandard and obsolete buildings, environmental deficiencies, and nonconforming uses
- Providing for orderly physical and economic growth
- Creation of development and planning studies and proposals on behalf of the village
- Expansion of the availability of affordable housing; enhancement and preservation of the village's tax base
Some of the recent projects the CDA has been involved in include the assisted living facility on Capitol Drive and the Metro Market and mixed use development that began recently. Other projects the CDA has worked on may be found under Community Development.There are 7 qualified residents appointed by the Village Board: 2 commissioners shall be members of the Village Board.
- 7:30 a.m. at Village Hall second floor Committee Room
- Most often meetings are the 1st Friday of each month, as needed.
- Village Hall
3930 N. Murray Ave
Shorewood, WI 53211
Sign up to receive meeting notices under the Notify Me button.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Check the Village Calendar or Agenda Center to view upcoming meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
How to Join VOLUNTEER FORM (printable)
VOLUNTEER FORM (online and fillable)
- Peter Hammond, Chairperson, term expires 2021
- Andrea Roschke, Vice Chair, term expires 2020
- John Florsheim, term expires 2019
- Pete Petrie, term expires 2018
- Michal Dawson, term expires 2019
- Ann McKaig, Trustee
- Allison Rozek, Trustee
- Ericka Lang
- River District assisted living and active senior apartments, 2014-2015
- Oakland Avenue LightHorse Mixed Use and Parking Deck, 2012-2013
- Oakland Avenue Metro Market, Parking Deck and Mixed Use, 2014-2015