The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SRC) in the Village Center offers an exceptional variety of programs, activities and learning opportunities for older adults. Check out our monthly calendar for a full list of programs and events.
Just For The Fun Of It
The SRC offers many other programs for enjoyment, relaxation and socialization such as a theater group to bring out your hidden dance, musical and acting talents, Mah Jongg, Bridge, Quiddler, Scrabble, arts and crafts and a monthly soup luncheon.
There are fitness Classes, especially for seniors.
- Monday mornings Qigong (slow-paced, Tai Chi-like)
- Tuesday and Friday mornings Gentle Yoga (Iyengar Method)
- Wednesday afternoon Zumba Gold (Latin dance)
From Art to Zumba...
There are also many popular programs for learning and enrichment.
- Adventures in History - Kathleen Smith shares a different historical topic or reviews a book the 3rd Monday of the month.
- Art Classes - Book-binding, card-stamping and various arts and craft programs can be found throughout the year.
- Men’s Morning - Men's Morning offers a different program each month geared toward science, technology, local and national issues and sports. Women are welcome to these events.
- Meditation and Relaxation - This is on the 2nd Wednesday of each month with a certified Stress Management Consultant, Elizabeth Lewis.
- Catered Lunches - Every month there is a catered lunch with entertainment, prizes and good cheer.
- Fun Day Trips - These are offered in Milwaukee and around Wisconsin and Illinois.
- If it Goes Beep - This is an informal discussion on Friday mornings with tech-savvy participants about computers, cameras, telephones and anything that beeps.
- More programs are added regularly.
Make us Your Resource for Resources
Our staff is available by telephone or in person to direct you to the best available resources to help meet your changing needs. We have the latest information to keep you up-to-date on important issues such as Medicare, Prescription D plans and staying active and safe in your home and community. Our Home Sweet Home program offers a home safety evaluation which can be conducted in your home by a professional volunteer - or to do on your own.