- Feature Links
- Department Updates
Clerk / Customer Service
- Spring is coming soon, so that means many things. Block parties, an election in April, second portions of property tax collection and the deadline for pet license renewals.
- Many things are happening in the Library this Spring: a new public print system that accepts credit cards, children's area computers replacement and the installation of a mobile device charging station.
- Staff is currently preparing for the annual financial audit during mid-March. After, staff will be taking a closer look at developing vehicle and other replacement policies for the Village Board to consider as a follow-up to last year's budget discussions.
Planning & Development
- The Planning & Development Department is taking the lead on the Village's Transportation and Parking Analysis. We also look forward to finalizing a contract with a part-time consultant to help perform additional inspection duties on an as needed basis. This will provide some relief for the current inspectors to resume prior duties and re-establish enforcement priorities.
- The Police Department is starting in quest to accreditation via the Core Verification Program. They are also reviewing options for the final phase of renovation and construction for their new building.
- Upcoming projects include: the Alley reconstruction program, watermain relay program, water meter replacement and meter reading system installation, Downer Avenue water meter vault replacement, sewer lining and manhole rehab, Atwater Bluff stair rehabilitation, riparian land management plan and a GIS tree inventory update. Quite a busy summer and the department is very excited for the ability to fill vacant staff and summer help positions!
Senior Resource Center
- We are currently collaborating with the Library and a third grade class at Atwater Elementary for a pen pal program. Our spring choir group is working on a new show that will premier in April. Sixth grade students are working on essays about their favorite older adults, which will be part of the SRC's spring essay contest.
- The Village Manager's Office 2019 projects are fully under way. The Village's organizational study, transportation analysis and the implementation of automated meter readers will be or are being started. Rebecca's door is always open to chat about the improvements we are working toward in the Village.