- You Are Here:
- Feature Links
- Department Updates
Clerk / Treasurer
- The search has begun for a new Village Clerk. Check back for updates!
- It's block party season, soon to be utility bill and tax collection. Stop by and say hi to Teri, Ann and Diane.
- Many anniversaries are happening at the Library this year ... stop by and say congrats to Heide (35), Nathan and Eddie (10) and Emily and Susan (5)!
- A big shift of materials is almost finished ... come in to check out the new, more spacious Adult Area.
- New task chairs are coming in the fall. They will be at all the adult computers, plus at three new tables in the public seating area.
- Heide raised over 20 Monarch butterflies this summer. Way to go Heide!
- Hoopla access (the Library's streaming movie, music and book service) is extended until November. Visit the Library's page on Hoopla here.
Planning & Development
- The search has begun for a new director for PDD too ... check back for updates!
- The Police Department will be moving to their new location on September 7th. Starting on September 11th, if anyone would like to come and tour the new facility they are more than welcome to do so!
- Seven new Bublr bike stations are set to be installed in the Village. Click here for a list of intersections and more information.
Senior Resource Center
- The Senior Resource Center has partnered with the Library, School District and Kingo Lutheran Church to host a screening and discussion of "Milwaukee 53206". On Tuesday, September 19, from 6:30pm to 8pm the public is welcome to come to the High School auditorium for this free event.
This film is a one-hour documentary that chronicles the lives of those affected by incarceration in America's most incarcerated zip code. Through the intimate stories of three 53206 residents, viewers can witness the high toll mass incarceration takes on individuals and families that make up the community. A panel discussion takes place after the film. You can view the trailer here and visit the film's website here.
- Our new Village Manager, Rebecca, starts in November ... stop by and introduce yourself! And a big 'thank you' to Larry for all his help in the interim.