What should I do if my neighbor's noise volume is bothersome?

It depends upon what and how loud the noise is. Shorewood has a noise ordinance which prohibits certain unreasonable noises (e.g., loud music, yelling or shouting, loud machinery or equipment, etc). If your neighbors are simply sitting in their backyard having a conversation and you can hear this because your windows are open, this would not be a violation of the ordinance.  However, if your neighbors are playing loud music, yelling, screaming, or being disorderly, it may constitute a violation of the ordinance and police should be notified.

In addition, getting to know your neighbors and working together can keep problems from happening as well as solve an existing problems.

Show All Answers

1. What number do I call if I have a question or need the police for something?
2. How can I get a copy of a police report?
3. Can I pay a parking or other citation online or by phone?
4. Do I need permission to park on the street overnight?
5. Where can I pay the parking or traffic citation I received?
6. What happens if I don't pay a traffic citation?
7. What happens if I do not pay a parking citation?
8. Can I get my fingerprints taken at the Shorewood Police Department?
9. What should I do if my neighbor's noise volume is bothersome?