OWI/BAC Cases Only
If you are charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, while impaired, or while operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration in excess of .08, and if your plea is NOT GUILTY, you have the right to request a jury trial.
To request a jury trial, you must file a written Jury Demand within 10 days of the date on which you pled, your case will then be transferred to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court. The Milwaukee County Circuit Court will notify you of the jury trial date.
The statutory penalties resulting from conviction for your 1st offense include:
- Forfeiture and state-mandated costs and assessment.
- Revocation of your driving privileges for 6 to 9 months.
- 6 points added to your driving record.
- Mandatory Alcohol and Other Drug Assessment (AODA).
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID) for BAC .15 or above.
- No waiting period to apply for an occupational license.
- License Reinstatement fee after revocation.
NOTE: If you were operating a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration in excess of .04% or more, in addition to other penalties that may be imposed, you may be disqualified from operation of a commercial motor vehicle.