The Village of Shorewood requires that dogs and cats who are 5 months of age or older and vaccinated for rabies must be licensed within 30 days of ownership.
Purchasing a License
You may purchase a license (valid for the calendar year January through December):
- Online - The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) has an online service for residents to license their pets. Please go to http://madacc.org/online-license-purchasing-and-renewals/ to find out more information.
- In person - You may purchase a license during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the Village Clerk's counter on the first floor of Village Hall, 3930 N. Murray Avenue
- By mail - Complete the License Application Form (below), remit with the proper fee, a copy of the rabies certificate from your vet and proof of spay/neuter if applicable. The appropriate license will be mailed to you. Checks should be made payable to the Village of Shorewood and mailed to:
Clerk Department 3930 N. Murray Ave.
Shorewood, WI 53211
License Application Form
To purchase a license in-person or by mail, please access the pet license application (PDF) to begin the process.
Questions can be emailed to the Clerk's team here.
Rabies Vaccination Certificate Required
Below is the required information to accompany the license application for approval:
- Copy of Rabies Vaccination Certificate showing current shot dates
- Additional proof of spay/neuter if not indicated on the Rabies Vaccination Certificate
|Spayed / Neutered||$12|
|Spayed / Neutered - 5 months of age or younger after July 1||$6|
|Unaltered - 5 months of age or younger after July 1||$12|
A late charge of $6 for altered and $12 for unaltered pets will be assessed for all license renewals received after March 31.
Special Permit for More Than Two Pets
Please note that an Extra Pet Permit (PDF) is required to keep more than two pets and requires the approval of the Village Manager. The annual cost for this additional permit is $50.