The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SRC) in the Village Center offers an exceptional variety of programs, activities and learning opportunities for older adults. Check out our monthly calendar for a full list of programs and events.
Just For The Fun Of It
The SRC offers many other programs for enjoyment, relaxation and socialization such as a theater group to bring out your hidden dance, musical and acting talents, Mah Jongg, Bridge, Quiddler, Scrabble, Chess, arts and crafts and a monthly soup luncheon.
There are fitness Classes, especially for seniors.
- Monday morning Qigong (slow-paced, Tai Chi-like)
- Tuesday morning Gentle Yoga (Iyengar Method)
- Wednesday afternoon Zumba Gold (Latin dance)
- Thursday morning Dance Fitness
From Art to Zumba...
There are also many popular programs for learning and enrichment.
- Adventures in History - Kathleen Smith shares a different historical topic or reviews a book the 3rd Monday of the month.
- Art Classes - Book-binding, card-stamping and various arts and craft programs can be found throughout the year.
- Men’s Morning - Men's Morning offers a different program each month geared toward science, technology, local and national issues and sports. Women are welcome to these events.
- Wellness Programs - Holistic health, mindfulness, Ask a Dietitian are available monthly with other health and wellness opportunities added throughout the year.
- Catered Lunches - Every month there is a catered lunch with entertainment, prizes and good cheer.
- Fun Day Trips - These are offered in Milwaukee and around Wisconsin and Illinois.
- One-to-One Technology Support - Bring in your portable technology such as cell phone, laptop, iPad, Kindle etc. and get free one-to-one support with volunteer tech tutors.
- More programs are added regularly.
Make us Your Resource for Resources
Our staff is available by telephone or in person to direct you to the best available resources to help meet your changing needs. We have the latest information to keep you up-to-date on important issues such as Medicare, Prescription D plans and staying active and safe in your home and community. Our Home Sweet Home program offers a home safety evaluation which can be conducted in your home by a professional volunteer - or to do on your own.