- Village Clerk's Office
- Daytime Parking
The Village of Shorewood has designated several residential streets impacted by commuter parking as residential permit parking districts (also known as Commuter Parking Districts, Impact Parking Zones or Residential Congested Parking areas (RCA)). Parking in these districts for more than two consecutive hours between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. except Sundays and holidays is allowed by permit only. The annual fee as of January 1, 2018 is $10 per vehicle. Exceptions include service and delivery trucks, disabled persons with appropriate disabled license plate or permit, and guests of a resident for one day with permission by the Shorewood Police Department.
Any changes in address, phone number, or auto information/license plate number must be provided in writing to Customer Service immediately. Please allow at least one business day to update the records. Out of date auto information may result in a parking ticket.
Daytime Parking Districts
Residents in the following areas are eligible for the daytime parking permits:
- West side of North Newhall Street from the south right-of-way line of East Kenmore Place to a point approximately 301-feet south thereof where parking is restricted to a one-hour limitation at certain times without a permit.
- East side of North Newhall Street from the south right-of-way line of East Kenmore Place to a point approximately 423-feet south thereof, where parking is restricted to a one-hour limitation at certain times without a permit.
- East Elmdale Court between North Oakland Avenue and North Murray Avenue, where parking is restricted to a two-hour limitation at certain times without a permit.
- East Pinedale Court from North Morris Boulevard west thereof to the end of said street, where parking is restricted to a two-hour limitation at certain times without a permit.
- The 3800 block of North Newhall Street, where parking is restricted to a two-hour limitation at certain times without a permit.
Residential Congested Parking Area (RCA)
- The RCA is located in the southeast area of the village and is bounded by N. Lake Drive on the east; the north side of E. Capitol Drive on the north; the east side of N. Oakland Avenue on the west; and the north side of E. Edgewood Avenue on the south. Parking is limited to two-hours between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Note: The south side of Edgewood Avenue is in the City of Milwaukee and is not included in this ordinance.)
Residential Daytime Parking Permit District (RDPPD)
- The 4000 blocks of North Downer Avenue and North Prospect Avenue, where parking is limited to two-hour parking, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Residents living in any of the above designated districts can come to Village Hall and will be granted on-street daytime parking permission upon proof of residence, proof of vehicle registration and payment.
For more information on the Residential Congested Parking Area (RCA) or any of the Commuter Parking Districts/Impact Zones or how to obtain a permit, please see the resources below or contact Village Hall at 414-847-2700.