Frequently Asked Questions
Please see the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions below. If your question isn't answered, please email us at email@example.com and we will reply as soon as possible.
I don't see my voter participation for the August 11, 2020 Election recorded in MyVote.
- We are still recording voter participation from the August 11 election. Recording of voter participation can take up to 30 days after an election.
I want to register to vote for the November 3, 2020 Election.
- The deadline to register on-line or by mail is Wednesday, October 14, 2020. You may register on-line at www.myvote.wi.gov (proof of residency required) or by completing the Voter Registration Form and submitting it along with a valid proof of residency. Note: You must have resided at the address you provide on your Registration Form for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election in order to vote in Shorewood.
- After October 14, you will need to register in person in the Clerk & Customer Service Department, Village Hall, 3930 N Murray Avenue. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., except weekends or at your polling location on Election Day, November 3, 2020.
When will I get my ballot for the November 3 Election?
- The first day Absentee Ballots can be mailed is Thursday, September 17, 2020.
How can I request an absentee ballot to be mailed?
When can I return my absentee ballot?
- Absentee ballots must be received by the Clerk & Customer Service Department no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
How can I return my absentee ballot?
- Absentee ballots may be returned via USPS or in the drive-up, white dropbox located in the parking lot behind Village Hall/Library.
When can I do in-person absentee voting?
- In-Person absentee voting will take place at Village Center (lower level of the Library), 3920 N Murray Ave. starting Tuesday, October 20, 2020 through Friday, October 30, 2020, except weekends. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except Friday, October 30, the hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
I’d like to work the November 3, 2020 Election.
- Interested in becoming an Election Inspector, please fill out the Election Inspector Interest Form and return it to the Clerk’s office via USPS or the white dropbox.
Didn’t find the answer to your question? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a non-election related question? Please contact us at email@example.com